The Black Arrow was one of a small number forged by the Dwarves of Erebor, launched from a massive Dwarvish Windlance. When Smaug attacked the nearby city Men, Girion, the Lord of Dale attempted to slay the dragon with these giant arrows, but only succeeded in loosening one of the beast’s scales. Smaug destroyed Dale and claimed Erebor, but Girion’s son escaped to Laketown with the last remaining Black Arrow. His Descendant Bard, a fisherman of Laketown and expert bowman, uses it to slay Smaug.
- Crafted with a 2Cr13 cast stainless steel arrow head
- Wooden shaft and hand tied fletching
- Presented with a wood wall display with Dale motif
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
- Measures 7′ 5/8” overall
- Arrowhead measures 18” overall