Emerson & Kershaw Team Up on This Versatile Blade
Kershaw Knives and Emerson Knives have joined forces on a series of knives that combine the precision engineering of Kershaw with Emerson’s uncompromising functional design.
The CQC-4K features a drop-point blade for multi-purpose cutting capability. Black-oxide coating protects the blade and makes it non-reflective, too. A textured G10 front scale in coyote brown offers a secure grip. The handle back is stainless steel with black-oxide coating. For a safe and solid blade lock up, the CQC-4K has a frame lock.
The CQC-4K is a manual opener using either the thumb disk or the patented Emerson “wave shaped feature.” This opening feature enables the knife to be opened as it is removed from the pocket. By the time the knife has been fully withdrawn from the pocket, the blade is deployed and ready for use. A small wave-shaped tab on the top of the blade is built to catch on the pocket seam, opening the knife as it comes out of the pocket. This instant-open feature is a favorite among military, rescue, and law enforcement knife users.
The pocketclip is reversible for left- or right-handed carry.
- Designed by Emerson, built by Kershaw
- Manual opening
- Thumb disk; “wave shaped opening feature”
- Frame lock
- Reversible pocketclip (left/right, tip-up)
- Lanyard hole
- Steel: 8Cr14MoV, black-oxide coating
- Handle: G10 front; 410 stainless steel back, black-oxide finish
- Blade Length: 3.25 in. (8.3 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.2 in. (10.7 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.4 in. (18.8 cm)
- Weight: 4.1 oz. (116.2 g)