The Cryo—with a G10 Handle
The Kershaw Cryo, designed by Rick Hinderer, is one of Kershaw’s best-selling knives. And now it’s available with one of our customers’ most-asked-for modifications: a G10 front scale.
This new Cryo not only looks good, it also offers the extra grip some of you have been asking for. The G10 scale also lightens the overall weight of this very practical knife.
The Cryo was the result of collaboration between Rick Hinderer and the design and production engineers at Kershaw. It’s designed to satisfy users’ craving for a Hinderer knife, but at a price that meets the demands of their wallets. The original Cryo (model 1555TI) was selected as a Blade Show “Best Buy” and as Men’s Journal Approved Gear.
Like all Cryos, the G10-handled Cryo is equipped with SpeedSafe assisted opening for smooth and easy one-handed opening. Access it with the built-in flipper or thumb stud. The blade steel is heat treated to Kershaw’s exacting standards. The handle has a G10 front scale with a stainless steel back. A sturdy frame lock secures the blade open during use and a Hinderer lockbar stabilizer ensures the lock doesn’t over-extend.
The new Cryo G10 is equipped with a four-position deep-carry pocketclip for maximum carry flexibility and discretion.
- SpeedSafe® assisted opening
- Flipper, thumb stud
- Frame lock, lockbar stabilizer
- 4-position deep-carry pocketclip (right/left, tip-up/down)
- Lanyard hole
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, stonewashed finish
- Handle: G10 front, 410 back, stonewashed finish
- Blade Length: 2.75 in. (7 cm)
- Closed Length: 3.75 in. (9.5 cm)
- Overall Length: 6.5 in. (16.5 cm)
- Weight: 3.7 oz. (104.9 g)